Friday 21 October 2011

Le gâteau au chocolat dix mille calories


In English that reads: 'The ten thousand calorie chocolate cake' - and it's easy to see why. My reason for this sugar-laden monstrosity is that next January, my grand parents will be celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary and I wanted to do something special. I've had that idea in mind for a while now and thought that today would be the day that I make this cake. It consists of  two chocolate cakes, lots of cream, dark cooking chocolate and my special chocolate mousse. However, the cake you see below is just a prototype. I'll most likely make another, revised version.   It didn't exactly take me all day because we went out for about three hours; but, around 2-4 hours. And yes, the process was extremely messy.

1 comment:

  1. Nice title and a good way to lead into your post.
    Go back and check what you have written as you over use commas in some places.
    Congratulations to your Grandparents for being married 40 years in January and I am sure they will love the cake you come up with (even if their blood sugar levels and their hips may not!).

    ReplyDelete